ohaya

Default Disable "Title" in Table of Contents

Hi,

When I insert a table of contents, it is creating entries for Heading 1,
Heading 2, etc., and also including "Title".

I know that I can prevent Word from including the "Title" in the TOC by
clicking Options and deleting the "1" that's there, but is there a way
to configure Word so that it doesn't have the "1" that seems to be there
by default?

Thanks,
Jim

ohaya

Suzanne,

Great! That worked. The only thing you forgot to mention was that the
Outline level was under "Modify-Format drop down-Paragraph".

Thanks,
Jim

"ohaya" wrote in message ...
Hi,

When I insert a table of contents, it is creating entries for Heading 1,
Heading 2, etc., and also including "Title".

I know that I can prevent Word from including the "Title" in the TOC by
clicking Options and deleting the "1" that's there, but is there a way
to configure Word so that it doesn't have the "1" that seems to be there
by default?

Thanks,
Jim

TF

Jim

You need to record a macro to insert the ToC using the correct options.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"ohaya" wrote in message ...
: Hi,
:
: When I insert a table of contents, it is creating entries for Heading 1,
: Heading 2, etc., and also including "Title".
:
: I know that I can prevent Word from including the "Title" in the TOC by
: clicking Options and deleting the "1" that's there, but is there a way
: to configure Word so that it doesn't have the "1" that seems to be there
: by default?
:
: Thanks,
: Jim

Sorry, I made an unwarranted assumption that you would know how to do this.
Apparently you did figure it out. g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Style and change the outline level of Title to Body Text.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.