Prodgirl

Default remove the file details box that pops up when you hover over file

When you click "Open" and the list of files appears, how do you turn off the
little box that pops up and tells you the file details? It pops up very
quickly and makes it hard to see what you're looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BJ Anderson

Default remove the file details box that pops up when you hover over f

Suzanne, when I change the setting that you specified, it only affects
folders, not files, and the annoying yellow boxes still keep popping up when
I hover over a file. This thing is driving me nuts....

"Prodgirl" wrote in message
When you click "Open" and the list of files appears, how do you turn off

the
little box that pops up and tells you the file details? It pops up very
quickly and makes it hard to see what you're looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you clear the check box for "Show pop-up description for folder and
desktop items"?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a Windows setting, found in Tools | Folder Options in Windows
Explorer. The speed with which it appears may depend on processor speed

and
busyness; it seems to take quite a while for me to get the ScreenTip.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Prodgirl" wrote in message
When you click "Open" and the list of files appears, how do you turn

off
the
little box that pops up and tells you the file details? It pops up

very
quickly and makes it hard to see what you're looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BJ Anderson

No, I did not. I had only cleared the box for "display file size..." Thank
you so much! What a relief.