Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
יריב החביב יריב החביב is offline

Default Mail Merge - Undesirable Database Open

thank you
--
תודה רבה

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Also, if this data is being added to a single document (which the failure to
complete the "merge" suggests), then perhaps some other linking method
(INCLUDETEXT or the like) would be more appropriate than a mail merge.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
If your Word mail merge main document connects to the database using DDE,
when Word opens the document, it will also open Access (if necessary).
Access will then open the database (if necessary).

To avoid opening /Access/, you have to connect using ODBC (most versions
of Word) or OLE DB (Word 2002 and later). In that case, Word still opens
the database using Jet (or ACE, in Word 2007), but it does not need to
open Access and you do not see any extra windows.

However, there are reasons why your Word document may need to connect via
DDE, including:
a. it connects to a parameter query and the user needs to enter a
parameter
b. it connects to a query that uses old-style "wildcard characters" * and
? rather than the ANSI wildcards % and _
c. it connects to a query that uses a user defined Access VBA function, or
some other functions that do not work with ODBC/OLE DB

...and so on.You may also find that DDE has been used because of text
truncation problems etc.

However, if you do not need DDE (and I think you can only really tell by
experimenting), to change the connection method, check
Word-Tools-Options-general--Confirm conversions at open (Word 2003 and
earlier) or click the Office button, then check Word
Options-Advanced-General-Confirm File format conversion on open. Then
go through the connection proces again.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"???? ?????" wrote in message
Hello,

I merge word document to access table.

When i open the word doc, the access databse open.

I dont need the data base, just the word doc (with the data of
course).

Is it possible and How ?

thank's

???? ???