Jalex

Default Watermarks

When adding a watermark to a previously formatted document that does not
contain a header a paragraph mark is added in a header. This changes the
display, even adding additional pages.

Is there a way of avoiding this, please and thanks.
Stefan Blom

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the empty paragraph mark in
the header. The reason is that objects which appear on all pages must be
anchored to a paragraph in the header (or footer). As far as I know,
watermarks are no exception.

However, there are some things you can try to reduce the effects of the
empty paragraph in the header. First, display the header and footer:
On the View menu, click Header and Footer. Select the paragraph mark.

Then click Paragraph on the Format menu. Click the Spacing and Indents
tab. Make sure that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to
zero. Also make sure that Line Spacing is set to "Single". Or you could
choose "Exactly" and specify 1 pt of line spacing, to be sure the empty
paragraph doesn't take up so much space vertically. Click OK.

Finally, click Font on the Format menu. Click the Font tab. In the Size
box, type 1 pt. Click OK.

Click Close on the Header/Footer toolbar to return to the body of the
document.

Does this help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jalex" wrote in message
When adding a watermark to a previously formatted document that does
not
contain a header a paragraph mark is added in a header. This changes
the
display, even adding additional pages.

Is there a way of avoiding this, please and thanks.

You could also reduce the header margin (Layout tab of Page Setup).

news

"Jalex" wrote in message
When adding a watermark to a previously formatted document that does
not
contain a header a paragraph mark is added in a header. This changes
the
display, even adding additional pages.

Is there a way of avoiding this, please and thanks.

Using multiple watermarks in a single document mjb Microsoft Word Help 1 August 3rd 05 12:11 AM
Watermarks SNACKS Microsoft Word Help 2 May 3rd 05 05:26 PM
How do I set up different watermarks for different pages of same . Martha Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 05 08:32 PM
Watermarks from Word 2000 not working in Word 2003? Jon Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 04:09 AM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 12:25 AM