Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wondering wondering is offline

Default How do I import a scanned resume to Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

By running the scanned image through Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
software. You probably got something bundled with your scanner.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

But be very careful using it, especially on a resume. OCR is not reliable and
you can come up with nonsense or worse. A scanned document is a picture of
your document, just like a Xerox copy. You cannot edit it, but you can save
it as a picture.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

By running the scanned image through Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
software. You probably got something bundled with your scanner.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Emphasize *very* careful. Sometimes we read what we think it should say but
it says something else. The errors may be minor but errors on a resume can
destroy your chance at a job. (Especially if you are trying to convnce the
target company that you have an eye for detail.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

By running the scanned image through Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
software. You probably got something bundled with your scanner.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.