Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ladyhawke ladyhawke is offline

Default Several versions of same document with some "dynamic" texts

How (if possible) can this be accomplished:

I have a docoment withe some information for handling a task. I need to
make several different versions of it but the main text stays the same.
I need to replace som individual text strings (like product name,
product details, etc.) and some graphics.

Can I insert markers in the text and do some dynamic replacing,
something like Mail Merge or something?

Other suggestions to this issue?

Regards,
Ladyhawke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Yes, you can put markers in the text and do something exactly like
mailmerge.

"ladyhawke" wrote in message
oups.com...
How (if possible) can this be accomplished:

I have a docoment withe some information for handling a task. I need to
make several different versions of it but the main text stays the same.
I need to replace som individual text strings (like product name,
product details, etc.) and some graphics.

Can I insert markers in the text and do some dynamic replacing,
something like Mail Merge or something?

Other suggestions to this issue?

Regards,
Ladyhawke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ladyhawke ladyhawke is offline

Can you be a little more specific, especially on the graphical part of
it... how do I store/retrieve the information for easy access (from
Word)???

Jezebel skrev:

Yes, you can put markers in the text and do something exactly like
mailmerge.

"ladyhawke" wrote in message
oups.com...
How (if possible) can this be accomplished:

I have a docoment withe some information for handling a task. I need to
make several different versions of it but the main text stays the same.
I need to replace som individual text strings (like product name,
product details, etc.) and some graphics.

Can I insert markers in the text and do some dynamic replacing,
something like Mail Merge or something?

Other suggestions to this issue?

Regards,
Ladyhawke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Ladyhawke,

I have a docoment withe some information for handling a task. I need to
make several different versions of it but the main text stays the same.
I need to replace som individual text strings (like product name,
product details, etc.) and some graphics.

Can I insert markers in the text and do some dynamic replacing,
something like Mail Merge or something?

To mail merge graphics, you need to store the file paths to the actual
graphics in the data source. Details are in the Mail Merge FAQ on my
website.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org