Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RNZAF01 RNZAF01 is offline

Default What is the blue wiggly underline for? and how can I stop it

Hi All.

New Guy on the block.

What is the blue wiggly underline a single or multiple word for? and how can
I stop it? As its very distracting, first time I have ever seen it and its
driving me up the wall.

Thanks in advance .

RNZAF01

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, the blue squiggly means that Word thinks there might be a
contextual spelling error. For example, if I type:

I was their for about two weeks.

Word underlines "their" because it thinks that you probably meant "there".

You can turn this off in the Proofing settings. Office button - Word
options - Proofing - remove the check next to Use contextual spelling.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible