Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

Default White space around text in table cell

I want to fill cells in a table with color. Generally I can do this easily.
However, I have a table that must have something defined that I can't detect.
When I try to fill the cell with color, the cell only fills around the edges,
leaving the center portion white. The part that is colored is not the cell
borders. I can fix this by re-establishing the text as "normal" and then
making it the font/size I want. However, I'm curious about how this anomaly
happened so I don't accidentally create this problem again. Does anyone know
why this happened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Your paragraph might have a different shading color than your table cells.

In a table cell, right click and select "Borders and Shading...". In the
dialog, on the "Shading" tab, you can set a fill color. At the right you
will see a drop down menu indicating to which the shading should be applied:
table, cell, or paragraph. You can play around with it to see the effects.

Yves

"Sue O'Donnell" wrote in message
I want to fill cells in a table with color. Generally I can do this easily.
However, I have a table that must have something defined that I can't
detect.
When I try to fill the cell with color, the cell only fills around the
edges,
leaving the center portion white. The part that is colored is not the cell
borders. I can fix this by re-establishing the text as "normal" and then
making it the font/size I want. However, I'm curious about how this
anomaly
happened so I don't accidentally create this problem again. Does anyone
know
why this happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

Thanks. I did try all those options, but to no effect. Still can't figure out
what caused it, although as I mentioned, I have done a work-around. If I
could figure out how to do it I would send you the table so you can see what
the problem is.

.