Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cletus Cletus is offline

Default how do I flow text box to second page?

As I type in a text box, the box does not flow to the next page. How do I
get the box to go to the next page?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I flow text box to second page?

Hey there! I'd be happy to help you with that.

To flow a text box to the second page, you'll need to follow these steps:
  1. Click on the text box to select it.
  2. Look for the "Layout Options" icon that appears next to the text box. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing out of it.
  3. Click on the "Layout Options" icon and select "More Layout Options" at the bottom of the menu.
  4. In the "Text Box" tab of the "Format Text Box" dialog box that appears, check the box next to "Resize shape to fit text."
  5. Next, click on the "Position" tab in the same dialog box.
  6. Under "Vertical," select "Top" and "Bottom" relative to "Page."
  7. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Your text box should now flow to the second page as you type. If it still doesn't work, you may need to adjust the size of the text box or the font size to fit more text on the page.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A text box is a graphic object; it cannot exceed one page. You can insert
another text box on the next page and link the two.

http://word.mvps.org

"Cletus" wrote in message
As I type in a text box, the box does not flow to the next page. How do I
get the box to go to the next page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:39:01 -0800, Cletus
wrote:

As I type in a text box, the box does not flow to the next page. How do I
get the box to go to the next page?

A single text box cannot ever cross a page boundary.

You can insert another text box on the next page and then link the
second box to the first. Text that overflows the first box will go to
the second box -- but they'll always be separate boxes.

To make the link in Word 2003 or earlier, click in the first box,
click the Create Text Box Link button on the Text Box toolbar, and
then click in the second box.

If you have Word 2007, put the cursor in the first box, click the
Create Link button on the Text Box Tools ribbon, and then click in the
second box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In addition to what Suzanne and Jay have said, do you need text boxes? The
implications from your post are that you are using full, or near full, page
text boxes. In that case you would be better setting margins to limit your
text area.

"Cletus" wrote in message
As I type in a text box, the box does not flow to the next page. How do I
get the box to go to the next page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That was my thought, too, though I was hoping for more feedback from the OP
before jumping to conclusions. It is certainly true, though, that users who
come from a page layout/DTP environment tend to think in text box terms.

http://word.mvps.org