Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BandTreasurer BandTreasurer is offline

Default Why is calculation wrong?

I have a simple list of dollar amounts ($ 100) in a table. No empty boxes.
One debit--entered ($ 175). The sum is wrong. Can't figure out why! Please
help!!
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RobertVA RobertVA is offline

BandTreasurer wrote:
I have a simple list of dollar amounts ($ 100) in a table. No empty boxes.
One debit--entered ($ 175). The sum is wrong. Can't figure out why! Please
help!!
Thank you

A little more information about your table and it's contents might help
us answer your inquiry. Are you attempting an accounting like function
like a balance sheet or check book reconciliation? Have you done any
online searches for templates?

Are you putting the debit(s) in the same column with the other dollar
amounts (credits?)?

While we don't need the specific dollar amounts, what are the contents
of the other cells?

Does the amount of the "error" have any recognizable mathematical
relationship to the debit, like being twice the amount? If so, perhaps
debits require a minus sign. As an alternate, perhaps you need a cell
with the total of the other cells, then subtract the debit from that total.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi BandTreasurer,

Are you using formfields in a protected document to hold the values, or simply values input into a table in an unprotected document?

What is your formula?

--
Cheers
macropod

"BandTreasurer" wrote in message
I have a simple list of dollar amounts ($ 100) in a table. No empty boxes.
One debit--entered ($ 175). The sum is wrong. Can't figure out why! Please
help!!
Thank you

Footnotes have the wrong numbers and are put on the wrong page Adam Villani Microsoft Word Help 6 October 27th 09 10:22 AM
Calculation in a table tphillips Microsoft Word Help 0 December 20th 07 11:07 PM
Calculation ll Tables 4 May 9th 05 01:29 PM
Calculation LindaCoedy Tables 4 November 4th 04 03:24 PM
Subtraction Calculation ll Tables 1 November 3rd 04 09:51 PM