murtaza

Default where do i find a friendly letter template??

hey,
really need to know this...
i have homework to write a letter to a friend but i cant
if i dont i fail!!!!!!
plez help

thanx alot

Michele

Tsk tsk...you must be a guy because girls always write letters to each other.
This must be for an English class. My suggestions is to pretend that you
are talking to a friend on the phone about, say, the vacation you are on.
What would you say to them?

Hey Joe,

Wow! The family and I are having a blast up here in _________________. We
have been spending money like crazy buying souveniers, eating out and going
to all kinds of concerts! I wish you were here to share it all with me.
But,the new camera is working great and I am looking forward to showing you
all of the pictures.

We saw ________________ and _______________concerts so far. Man those guys
are talented...and LOUD! They sounded pretty close to their recorded
material. Would you believe the concerts sold out in only hours? I picked
up up a t-shirt because I know _______is your favorite band, right? I sure
hope so!

There are a lot of stores around here and mom and ________ are always
shopping. Dad and I have done some hiking and fishing. Dad caught a big
trout but I wasn't very lucky. But it was fun to get out in the sun.

THe weather has been terrific. I saw on the news that you guys have gotten
a lot of rain. Can't say the same here! Would you believe there is snow on
top of these mountains? During the winter, skiing is the big sport here. I
will have to try that one of these days.......

....and so forth. Just make stuff up. They are probablly seing if you know
how to put sentences together and make some transitions.

"murtaza" wrote:

hey,
really need to know this...
i have homework to write a letter to a friend but i cant
if i dont i fail!!!!!!
plez help

thanx alot

I suspect that your teacher's assignment was to write a "friendly" letter,
that is, a personal letter as opposed to a business letter. For comparison
purposes:

A business letter includes the following:

Return Address: This can be in the form of a letterhead or can be simply
typed at the top of the letter, flush with the left margin or aligned left
on the center line depending on which of several formats is used.

Date: Location can vary, but if the return address is typed, the date is the
last line of this block.

Inside Address: The full name and address of the recipient, as it will
appear on the envelope.

Subject Line: Optional, begins with In letters about legal cases, it
will include the case style; in other cases it may reference an invoice
number, case number, or other reference number.

Salutation: Dear So-and-So (followed by a colon).

Body: A paragraph of more of body text.

Complimentary Close: "Sincerely" or "Very truly yours."

Signatu Typed signature, with space left above for your personal scrawl.

Notations: Enclosure notice, Copy list, etc.

By contrast, a personal/friendly letter includes only the date, salutation
(followed by a comma), body, complimentary close (usually more informal),
and signature (though it may be written on headed paper).

You might want to look at
http://volweb.utk.edu/Schools/bedfor...tterrubric.htm and other
pages at this site. More possibilities at
http://www.google.com/search?q=frien...tart= 10&sa=N