Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Swinney Chris Swinney is offline

Default Insertin PowerPoint Notes pages into a document

Hi,

I am using Office 2007 (but this will apply to any version). Is there a way
of inserting PowerPoint Notes pages into a Word document? I can insert a
slide, or even an entire presentation, but what I want to do is produce a
formal report which will include a presentation and all of it's notes, so
maintaining a continuas theme and page numbering within the document.

Is this possible?

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Chris,
Have you tried, File - send to - Microsoft Office Word - choose radio button
next to from the top - OK. It may require some editing in Word removing page
breaks an such.
In PPT 2007 that would be Office button - Publish - Create Hand-outs in
Word.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Hi,

I am using Office 2007 (but this will apply to any version). Is there a
way of inserting PowerPoint Notes pages into a Word document? I can insert
a slide, or even an entire presentation, but what I want to do is produce
a formal report which will include a presentation and all of it's notes,
so maintaining a continuas theme and page numbering within the document.

Is this possible?

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Swinney Chris Swinney is offline

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking at it the wrong way
round (importing to Word rather than exporting from PowerePoint). However, I
did notice a couple of oddities.

1) It would be nice to specify the document you wish to export to.
PowerPoint simple creates a new document from which you need to cut and
paste (I guess this is what you where talking about with regards to editing)
2) When you "paste link" the presentation,
a) the slide images that come across are of VERY poor quality
b) the text notes do not link
c) the file size of the Word document increases dramtically. I published to
simple 7 page presentations to word and it increased the file size by about
16MB! I would have though that by linking you would actually decrease the
file size!

Chris

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Chris,
In that case maybe this add-in will be an improvement. Thank Bill Dilworth
(PowerPoint MVP).
http://billdilworth.mvps.org/SlideIntoWord.htm