Stuart Walker

Default How do I set up automatic file path footers?

Trying to get everyone in an office to use Footers on Word documents. Without
them having to get them to go insert/autotext/footer/filename and path on
each document, how can I set their word so that this is included
automatically on every document they produce?
Thanks
macropod

Hi Stuart,

You could place the filename field into the footer of the template you're
using to create the documents. That way, the filename will appear in every
document immediately it is saved the first time.

Cheers

"Stuart Walker" Stuart wrote in message
news
Trying to get everyone in an office to use Footers on Word documents.

Without
them having to get them to go insert/autotext/footer/filename and path on
each document, how can I set their word so that this is included
automatically on every document they produce?
Thanks

Herb Tyson [MVP]

....and if you need to have the file's path as well, make sure that the
filename field includes the \p switch.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com