Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J.R. Aiello

Default How do I delete an entire line in Word?

I often import text files into Word in order to format them better. Many
times I want to delete an entire line and find no easy way except to use the
mouse, highlight the section (with it OFTEN grabbing more than I want to by
"smart" default) and then hitting the delete key.

In older word processors this used to be an easy task by pressing CTRL-L or
some other combination. I can't find one in Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If you are at the very beginning of the line use Shift+End, if at the end use
Shift+Home, press Delete. You can also use Shift+Up/Dn Arrow in a similar
fashion, and if you move your pointer into the left margin adjacent to the
line you want to select, then click when the pointer turns into a white
arrow. There's plenty more if yu take the time to investigate Word Help.

You might also prefer going into ToolsOptionsEdit & remove the check for
'When selecting, automatically select entire word'. I hate that one myself.

HTH |:)