Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ladybug ladybug is offline

Default saving documents with first few words in the document

When I wanted to save a file, it used to come up automatically with the first
few words in my document: example "Save as Trying to find the answer to" and
all I had to do was click the save button. Now, it automatically says:
example "Doc7". Is there anyway I can fix this? I use Word 2003.
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:54:01 -0700, ladybug
wrote:

When I wanted to save a file, it used to come up automatically with the first
few words in my document: example "Save as Trying to find the answer to" and
all I had to do was click the save button. Now, it automatically says:
example "Doc7". Is there anyway I can fix this? I use Word 2003.
Thanks,

Word uses the first few words of the document only if the Title box is
empty in the File Properties dialog. If there's something in the
Title box, that's the suggested file name for the first save.

It sounds like you might have gotten something stuck into the Title
box of the Normal.dot template, which then shows up in every new
document.

Use the Open dialog, go to the Templates folder (you can find out what
that is by looking in Tools Options File Locations), and open the
Normal.dot template. Empty the Title box, save and close the template.
That should get you back to the original behavior.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

saving word document that will execute link after saving CharlieW Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 07 10:33 AM
When saving document the saving box always appiers under the docum Yarek Microsoft Word Help 3 June 24th 05 12:16 AM
Saving documents Gozz New Users 1 April 28th 05 02:16 AM
After saving document why are words changed into symbols Kimberly Goolie Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 07:53 PM
After saving document why are words changed into symbols Kimberly Googlie Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 07:51 PM