Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Choosenow Choosenow is offline

Default cancel the capitalization of the first word in a line of text?

When typing, the first word in a new line is automatically capitalized. This
is EXTREMELY annoying. I have to take the time to undo almost all of those
capitalizations. How do I turn this feature of Word off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003... Tools - AutoCorrect Options - AutoCorrect tab - Capitalize
first letter of sentences.

In Word 2007... Office - Word Options - Proofing - AutoCorrect Options ...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Choosenow" wrote in message
When typing, the first word in a new line is automatically capitalized.
This
is EXTREMELY annoying. I have to take the time to undo almost all of those
capitalizations. How do I turn this feature of Word off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Herb has shown you how, but note that this only occurs if you press enter at
the end of a line instead of allowing Word to wrap. Pressing enter creates a
new paragraph. New paragraphs almost always begin with a capital letter.