Kari

Default footnotes format

My footnotes have two inches of whitespace above them before the little line
separator. How can I eliminate for all my footnotes?

Are you saying that the space is above the Footnote Separator? This can be
normal, depending on how the page breaks (see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm), but it's also possible
that the Footnote Separator has gone berserk. Switch to Normal view, and
then select View | Foootnotes. On the toolbar of the footnote pane, click
the arrow in the list box and select Footnote Separator. Examine the
paragraph formatting of the separator (which should be in Normal style) to
make sure that no Space Before has been added, or if there is a lot of space
unaccounted for by paragraph formatting, make sure there aren't empty
paragraphs or anything else to account for it). Clicking Reset or pressing
Ctrl+Q should straighten it out if the style has gotten messed up.

Hidden footnotes Wick Tables 1 February 27th 05 03:05 AM
how do i use footnotes and footers together? Tom The Appraiser Page Layout 2 January 12th 05 09:40 PM
How do you view only footnotes and/or make a list of footnotes? Secretary short on time. Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 09:50 PM
footnotes with multiple sections dcn1396 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 20th 04 01:47 AM
Maintaining the format of linked tables. James Tables 1 December 8th 04 01:30 PM