Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joanne Reinhardt Joanne Reinhardt is offline

Default How to keep author name in track changes after saving file in Word

I want to be able to filter changes by reviewer, but once the file is saved,
the names of all reviewers change to "Author." When I make an edit to the
file, the Author info is shown in a balloon. But when I save and then change
the user name, I can't see the first name used, it only says author and no
time or date reference. Since color isn't static for the users, I need some
way to distinguish between John's edits and Bob's edits on the same page.
Appreciate any help.

TIA,

Joanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

In Word 2003, Tools\options\Security tab uncheck "Remove personal information
from file properties on save"

"Joanne Reinhardt" wrote:

I want to be able to filter changes by reviewer, but once the file is saved,
the names of all reviewers change to "Author." When I make an edit to the
file, the Author info is shown in a balloon. But when I save and then change
the user name, I can't see the first name used, it only says author and no
time or date reference. Since color isn't static for the users, I need some
way to distinguish between John's edits and Bob's edits on the same page.
Appreciate any help.

TIA,

Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would appear that you have "Remove personal information from file
properties on save" checked on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

"Joanne Reinhardt" Joanne wrote in
message ...
I want to be able to filter changes by reviewer, but once the file is

saved,
the names of all reviewers change to "Author." When I make an edit to the
file, the Author info is shown in a balloon. But when I save and then

change
the user name, I can't see the first name used, it only says author and no
time or date reference. Since color isn't static for the users, I need

some
way to distinguish between John's edits and Bob's edits on the same page.
Appreciate any help.

TIA,

Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joanne Reinhardt[_2_] Joanne Reinhardt[_2_] is offline

Default How to keep author name in track changes after saving file in

It worked... Thanks so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that you have "Remove personal information from file
properties on save" checked on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

"Joanne Reinhardt" Joanne wrote in
message ...
I want to be able to filter changes by reviewer, but once the file is

saved,
the names of all reviewers change to "Author." When I make an edit to the
file, the Author info is shown in a balloon. But when I save and then

change
the user name, I can't see the first name used, it only says author and no
time or date reference. Since color isn't static for the users, I need

some
way to distinguish between John's edits and Bob's edits on the same page.
Appreciate any help.

TIA,

Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that this is a document-specific setting. I'm not sure whether it can
be set in a template or not, but if you observe the same issue in other
documents based on the same template, you might check the template setting.

"Joanne Reinhardt" wrote in
message ...
It worked... Thanks so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that you have "Remove personal information from file
properties on save" checked on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.