Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann S. Ann S. is offline

Default Word 2007 is making me nuts

I have a lot of work to do and don't have time to get used to the new look of
Office 2007. Does anybody know if I can make it look like 2000? I just want
to see the menus at the top of the screen that I am used to.

Thanks a million.
--
Ann S.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Out of the box, Word can't do that. A semblance of familiarity can be
attained with a few modifications to the Quick Access Toolbar:

http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...more-familiar/

There are some 3rd party add-ons that can restore much of the look & feel of
Word 2003 (which is a lot closer to Word 2000 in look/feel than it is to
Word 2007):

http://www.addintools.com/english/menuword/

http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/20/111

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Ann S." wrote in message
I have a lot of work to do and don't have time to get used to the new look
of
Office 2007. Does anybody know if I can make it look like 2000? I just
want
to see the menus at the top of the screen that I am used to.

Thanks a million.
--
Ann S.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann S. Ann S. is offline

Never mind. I just found this:

" Important No option is currently available to switch the user interface
back to the File menu, toolbars, and commands as they appeared in earlier
versions of these Microsoft Office programs."

Yuck! Microsoft strikes again.
--
Ann S.

"Ann S." wrote:

I have a lot of work to do and don't have time to get used to the new look of
Office 2007. Does anybody know if I can make it look like 2000? I just want
to see the menus at the top of the screen that I am used to.

Thanks a million.
--
Ann S.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann S. Ann S. is offline

Herb, it was kind of you to reply and I do appreciate it. Maybe, at some
point, I will play around with it and decide I like the new Word after all.
For now, I have too much on my plate and have just gone to Microsoft Works to
get me by.
--
Ann S.