Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susan[_4_] Susan[_4_] is offline

Default Asian Typography

How do I get rid of the Asian Typography options, including the extra options
in the Format dialog box?
--
Susan Wall, Instructor
El Monte-Rosemead Adult School

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 "Margin marks or crop
marks appear on each corner of the page when you open a document in Word".

If the previous suggestion doesn't help, then:
1. Click on Start | Control Panel | Regional & Language Options.
2. On the Regional Options tab, select English US under "Standards
and formats", and select US under "Location".
3. On the Languages tab, click on Details | Settings tab | Default
input language: English US | remove all Asian and right-to-left
languages listed under "Installed services" | OK, and uncheck the
"Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages" and
"Install files for East Asian languages" boxes | Apply | OK.

If the first two suggestions don't help, then back up your Windows
registry in case Something Bad happens next, close all open
applications, and click on Start | Run | Open: regedit. Rename the
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Offi ce
version\Common\LanguageResources" key. Exit. Restart the computer.

Susan wrote:

How do I get rid of the Asian Typography options, including the extra options
in the Format dialog box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susan[_4_] Susan[_4_] is offline

Thank you so much. I had already tried the first two suggestions. Editing the
registry is what worked!
--

Susan wrote:

How do I get rid of the Asian Typography options, including the extra options
in the Format dialog box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome, and thank you for the feedback.