PT

Default Language (Speech) Toolbar won't disappear

Word 2003/WinXP Home

I turned on the speech recognition feature, by clicking Tools | Speech.
This brings up the speech / language toolbar. But now the toolbar is stuck.
I can move it, but I can't close it, even after I close down Word. It also
won't anchor to the toolbars at the top of Word.Is there a trick?

--
PT

Pat Garard

G'Day PT,

There is no trick - the Language Bar is not part of Word or
Office, but a feature of Windows Xp that Office uses. It is
a part of the Windows Task bar.

If you right-click the Task bar, "ToolbarsLanguage bar" will
display/hide it.

You may float it (as it is now), or minimise it (top right corner)
back to the Task bar. Alternatively if you right-click it you will
see other options including minimise and close.

Try Minimising it.

Right-click the Language bar while it is on the Task bar, and
click "Restore the Language bar" to get back to where you are
now.

It can be used by applications other that Office.

If you search windows help (StartHelp and Support) for
Language bar
you will find further information.
--
Regards,