TF

Unfortunately, the File, New dialog is one of those inflexible dialogs.
About the only option is to move it around the screen!

Terry

"Hilary Ostrov" wrote in message
: First of all, sorry for previous post with no additional content ...
: cat interfered while I was mousing around and I clicked wrong button;
: tried to cancel post, but it may have been too late.
:
: On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:26:56 +0100, in
: , "TF"
: terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote:
:
: Don't forget that you can remove some of the MS imposed tabs to make more
: room from your own tabs. You need to go through Add/Remove Programs and
: uninstall the Templates and Wizards that you don't want.
:
: Thanks, Terry ... however it's not the room I was hoping to get, but a
: permanent better view
:
: "Hilary Ostrov" wrote in message
: .. .
: : On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:47:40 -0500, in
: : , "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
: : wrote:
:
: [...]
:
: : One
: : workaround for the large icons, however, is to create more tabs
(folders)
: so
: : that each tab displays all the templates therein. Obviously, this will
: not
: : be helpful if you have a huge number of templates, but at least you
can
: put
: : the most frequently used ones on less-populated tabs (and with
creative
: : naming, they will sort to the top).
:
: : Already had several tabs set up! I suppose one should be grateful for
: : small mercies, in that while view list or details doesn't stick during
: : a Word session, it will at least stick from tab to tab
: hro
: --
: myssiwyg* ... making your support systems improve what you get!
: http://www.myssiwyg.ca/