mlagrange

Default Favored PDF software?

Hello - does anybody have any opinions on the best package to create
pdf-formatted files from Word?

Thanks

--
mlagrange
mlagrange's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=70

"Best" would depend on your criteria. If you're looking for the widest range
of features, the best would undoubtedly be Acrobat Professional. If price is
a consideration, and you don't need all the features of Acrobat Pro, then
there are other options.

"mlagrange" wrote in message

Hello - does anybody have any opinions on the best package to create
pdf-formatted files from Word?

Thanks

--
mlagrange
mlagrange's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=70
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=665048
Visit - http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php |

http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

Pat Garard

G'Day,

You have two options:

1. Download (free) Open Office v1.1.4 from
http://www.openoffice.org/.
Open Office v1.1.4 is the core of Sun Star Office v7, but
without formal support.
Open Office has 4 main components:
Writer word processor
Calc spreadsheet
Impress presentation
Draw drawing
Each component has a surprising degree of compatibility
with its MS Office equivalent.
Importantly (for you), Writer will open many Word documents
and has an "Export to PDF..." facility.
(If you go this route, keep an eye on Open Office v2 which is
now in Beta. This will be the core of Sun Star Office 8 - also
in Beta. You would be well advised to get Open Office v2 when
released).

2. Search Google for "Word to PDF".
You will find several commercial converters.
I use (and can recommend) both ScanSoft PDF Create and
Visage eXPertPDF v3, but there are several other good ones.
Of the two that I use, I feel that eXPertPDF is marginally better.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"mlagrange" wrote in message

Hello - does anybody have any opinions on the best package to create
pdf-formatted files from Word?

Thanks

--
mlagrange
mlagrange's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=70
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=665048
Visit - http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php |
http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

mlagrange

Thanks, Pat - I've been asking around, and PDF Creator seems to keep
popping up.

Mark

--
mlagrange
mlagrange's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=70
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=665048
Visit - http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

Pat Garard

:-)
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"mlagrange" wrote in message

Thanks, Pat - I've been asking around, and PDF Creator seems to keep
popping up.

Mark

--
mlagrange
mlagrange's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=70
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=665048
Visit - http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php |
http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

TF

I use PDF995 on my work workstation and it has proved excellent, though
basic.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"mlagrange" wrote in message
:
: Hello - does anybody have any opinions on the best package to create
: pdf-formatted files from Word?
:
: Thanks
: