Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sackfoot sackfoot is offline

Default Where in Microsoft Office 2007 is the fuction "Match Destination"

Someone asked me where to locate match destination in Microsoft Office 2007.
I need a brief description of its function and location, and the best way to
use it.

Sincerely

John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:37:01 -0700, sackfoot
wrote:

Someone asked me where to locate match destination in Microsoft Office 2007.
I need a brief description of its function and location, and the best way to
use it.

Sincerely

John

I think you got it a bit garbled. In Word 2007, go to Office button Word
Options Advanced, scroll down to the section headed "Cut, copy, and paste",
and look at the first four dropdowns. These set what formatting is automatically
applied to text you paste into the document from various sources:

- Keep Source Formatting
- Match Destination Formatting == this is the one you mentioned
- Keep Text Only

When you have the dialog open, press F1 to get a help topic that fully explains
what each of these does.

If you also check the option in the same group for "Show Paste Options buttons",
you'll get a button floating next to pasted material that lets you change to the
other choices after pasting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman