waldoninsa

Default Modify styles the font color button is replaced with latin button.

User types the date in July 21, 2005 and an autotext entry comes up on the
year 2005 that looks like 2005/7/21. I know autotext entries are based on
styles. So I went and looked at the uses styles and found that when you
modify a style in place of the font color button is a button that says Latin
and a reference to Asian is in the description. It looks like right to left
language or Latin Based Languages have been installed. How do I return the
styles to their original format. I've choose English language as the default
language.
Shauna Kelly

Hi waldoninsa

To set up the languages on your machine correctly, you have to set the
Windows, Office and Word languages separately, and set them so they are the
same. Follow the instructions at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

When you're doing that, delete any languages that you don't need. In
particular, in the Control Panel's Regional and Language Options, under
Languages, un-tick "complex scripts" and un-tick "East Asian languages".

I would re-boot the computer after doing that, just to be sure that Windows,
Office and Word have picked up the correct settings.

That should work. If it does not work, you may need to take more drastic
steps, as described at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...65ca11ccd99bf6.
But be very careful: editing the registry is not for the faint-hearted.
Create a restore point and backup the registry before you start.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word