Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tinytina333 tinytina333 is offline

Default Is there any way to copy all my AutoCorrect entries to a CD?

I would like to transfer my AutoCorrect entries to my work computer and was
wondering if I can somehow copy them to a CD and transfer them over. Does
anyone know how to do this or if this is possible? I am using Word 2003.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utocorrect.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

tinytina333 wrote:
I would like to transfer my AutoCorrect entries to my work computer
and was wondering if I can somehow copy them to a CD and transfer
them over. Does anyone know how to do this or if this is possible?
I am using Word 2003.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tinytina333 tinytina333 is offline

Either I'm really stupid or these instructions are really tedious and
confusing.
Isn't there any easy way to just transfer my autocorrect entries to disk
without searching my whole computer for where they are located?

Thanks.

tinytina333 wrote:
I would like to transfer my AutoCorrect entries to my work computer
and was wondering if I can somehow copy them to a CD and transfer
them over. Does anyone know how to do this or if this is possible?
I am using Word 2003.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I don't think the "Method 1" on that page is all that tedious. It's
basically two steps, one on the old computer and one on the new computer.

Download the zip file and unzip it into your Templates folder. Double-click
the AutoCorrect.dot template. When the template opens in Word, click the
Export button. When the macro finishes, save the resulting document.

Take the document and the AutoCorrect.dot template to the other computer.
Double-click the template. When it opens in Word, click the Import button,
and select the document.

Unless you can't use Method 1 for some reason, you can completely ignore
Method 2. Now, that one *is* tedious -- but that's why Method 1 was created.

And the answer to your last question is no -- the AutoCorrect entries aren't
(necessarily) all in one place. The macro in the AutoCorrect template
collects them into one document, which is why you should use it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote: