Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

Default Using Explorer - Windows cannot find file c:\........ the first ti

Windows Vista
Office 2007
Using Windows Explorer I will browse to a word doc I want to open and double
click it. I get an error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\....complete path
and filename'. Make sure you typed the neam correctly and then try again. I
click "OK" then double click the same file agaion and it opens fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FredFred FredFred is offline

To start with I'd try to confirm / find out whether it's a Windows vs. Word
problem. I'd put a file with a non-Word extension and double click that and
see if you get the same problem.

If so, it sounds like the Vista design philosiphy of impairing the people
who are trying to use it.

I heard that due to extreme demand MS now offers a way to upgrade from Vista
to XP.

"Gary Fuller" wrote:

Windows Vista
Office 2007
Using Windows Explorer I will browse to a word doc I want to open and double
click it. I get an error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\....complete path
and filename'. Make sure you typed the neam correctly and then try again. I
click "OK" then double click the same file agaion and it opens fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

Default Using Explorer - Windows cannot find file c:\........ the firs

Hi Fred,
I can open excel, access, .pdf, just WORD docs, whether .doc or ,docx. Word
actually starts to load (the primary WORD screen starts with the WORD logo)
then the screen closes and the error message comes up. Double click the doc
again and it opens. This is not a random experience, it happens every time.

With respect to the latter part of your post.......that goes without saying,
but we all need the reminder now-and-then of just how tied to MS we all are
and how they insure the "need" for future upgrades. I found great humor in th
epost, thanx.

Gary Fuller

"Gary Fuller" wrote:

Windows Vista
Office 2007
Using Windows Explorer I will browse to a word doc I want to open and double
click it. I get an error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\....complete path
and filename'. Make sure you typed the neam correctly and then try again. I
click "OK" then double click the same file agaion and it opens fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

Default Side Note

I can open any WORD doc the first time from within WORD itself without a
problem. It is more nuisance than anything else, but still an issue I believe
within WORD.
gary

"Gary Fuller" wrote:

Windows Vista
Office 2007
Using Windows Explorer I will browse to a word doc I want to open and double
click it. I get an error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\....complete path
and filename'. Make sure you typed the neam correctly and then try again. I
click "OK" then double click the same file agaion and it opens fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

I have found a thread that appears to "promise" a known resolution to this
known issue, though not an issue for all.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...0-77852d657760