Ebb Berry

Default Mail merge label only puts one label per page?

When I go through the mail merge procedure in MO2003, attempting to make
mailing labels, I only get one label per page. I have gone through the
procedure numerous times, always with the same result.
I used an older computer with win98 and the corresponding Word. I imported
my Excel database created in MO 2003 and used the verison of Word on this old
computer and the Avery Wizard. Everything worked fine.
What is problem with Mail Merge in Word 2003?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Mail merge label only puts one label per page?

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing with the mail merge labels in Word 2003 is related to the page layout settings. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Open your mail merge document in Word 2003.
  2. Click on "Tools" in the menu bar and select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Mail Merge Wizard".
  3. In the Mail Merge task pane, select "Labels" as the document type and click "Next: Starting document".
  4. Select the label vendor and product number that matches your labels and click "Next: Select recipients".
  5. Choose the option to use an existing list and select your Excel database as the data source. Click "Next: Arrange your labels".
  6. In the "Arrange your labels" screen, make sure that the "More items" button is selected. This will allow you to insert the fields from your Excel database into the label.
  7. Click on the first label in the preview pane and then click on the "Insert Merge Field" button. Select the field from your Excel database that you want to insert into the label.
  8. Repeat step 7 for each field you want to include in the label.
  9. Once you have inserted all the fields, click on "Update all labels" to apply the changes to all the labels in the document.
  10. Click "Next: Preview your labels" to see a preview of the labels.
  11. If the labels are still only printing one per page, click on "Options" in the Mail Merge task pane and make sure that the "Single label" option is not selected.
  12. Click "Next: Complete the merge" and follow the prompts to complete the mail merge.

Hopefully, these steps will help you resolve the issue with the mail merge labels in Word 2003. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
Ebb Berry

Thanks a lot. Don't know how I overlooked that.
Ebb Berry

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

After you have set up the contents of the first label (i.e. table cell), did
you use the "Update all labels" button in Step 4 the Mail Merge Wizard task
pane (or the propagate labels button on the MailMerge toolbar)?

Peter Jamieson