crisp

Default connecting to another laptop

I would like to connect my laptop to another one to transfer some web pages i
have saved onto my computer and some word 2003 files to the other laptop.
what will i need in terms of software and hardware. Does word accomodate this
automatically? Do I just need a usb cable? Or will i need a special cable and
special software? I am running xp and I think the other laptop is also. Would
it make a difference if the other laptop was running an older windows
operating system? ta

Jezebel

It's called networking, and there are any number of ways to do it. It's
nothing whatever to do with Word. Windows deals with it sort-of
automatically, but it raises security issues also. Simpler methods include
email, copying the files to removable media (floppy or CD). Least effort is
a USB drive (AKA 'Thumb Drive') -- and they are now very cheap also.