Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default Connecting to printer ... sometimes

When I open Word 2007 to one document I'm delayed by 'connecting to printer.'
I never print that document.

When I open Word 2007 to this other document then I'm not delayed by
'connecting to printer' but when I Ctrl+P then I do get the 'connecting to
printer' delay. Thing is, I only open that doc because I want to print. So I
open it when I anticipate having to print, do some other things, come back to
the doc, and then I have to wait for the 'connecting to printer.'

Meh!

Tried to live with it but it's really getting on my nerves because it's just
so unfair. I use the 2nd doc every day and I wish it would connect and get it
over with but when I open the 1st doc couple times a week I just fume while
it's making me wait before I can scroll down to retrieve the info I require.
Makes my head hurt.

I want the 1st doc to not connect to the printer unless I Ctrl+P and the 2nd
doc to connect to the printer right away when I open it because I open it so
I can print it so do it.

I'm accessing both docs from the same laptop on the same network.