BadgerWI

Default Insert Date of Creation

Dear Folks,

I'm attempting to use Auto Text to create a start for letters, utilizing the
margins of our letterhead.

As part of that project, I would like to include a macro that shows the date
the letter was created, whereby the date does not change if the file is
opened a week or a year from the date of creation.

I'm struggling since if I use Today's Date, then the date shows today's date
in the future, rather than the date of creation.

Any help?

thanks

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

You need to create a template for the letter and use the CREATEDATE
field. Then each letter created from the template will hold the date
that letter was created.

See this TechTrax article for details...

Creating Your Own Letterhead

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 3 May 2005 12:47:23 -0500, "BadgerWI"
wrote:

Dear Folks,

I'm attempting to use Auto Text to create a start for letters, utilizing the
margins of our letterhead.

As part of that project, I would like to include a macro that shows the date
the letter was created, whereby the date does not change if the file is
opened a week or a year from the date of creation.

I'm struggling since if I use Today's Date, then the date shows today's date
in the future, rather than the date of creation.

Any help?

thanks

Charles Kenyon

This doesn't take a macro. Put a CreateDate field in your template where you
want the date. See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for
information on the different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.