Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fiddlesticks220002

Default Clip art and web pages

I copied one piece of clip art from Office Online to use for business cards
and on my website (I created web pages in Word without problems). But when I
uploaded my .htm file, the clip art doesn't display, just a box with an X in
it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

A copy of the picture has to be uploaded along with the Web page. The 'page'
document only contains a reference to the image, not the image itself
(although on the surface Word may give the impression that it does).

HTH |:)

"fiddlesticks220002" wrote:

I copied one piece of clip art from Office Online to use for business cards
and on my website (I created web pages in Word without problems). But when I
uploaded my .htm file, the clip art doesn't display, just a box with an X in
it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fiddlesticks220002

Thank you both for your responses. I have copied the clip art out of the temp
folder on my computer into a permanent folder, and I will upload the clip art
and see if this helps. Does it need to be in a separate folder or in the same
"directory" as the page that references it?

By the way, Suzanne, I've made a few trips to Fairhope in the last few
years, it's a beautiful place (I live north of Toronto) !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you also upload the supporting folder that contains the images?

"fiddlesticks220002" wrote in
message ...
I copied one piece of clip art from Office Online to use for business

cards
and on my website (I created web pages in Word without problems). But when

uploaded my .htm file, the clip art doesn't display, just a box with an X

in
it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you save a Word document as a Web page, it creates (by default, if you
haven't changed any of the Web options) a separate subfolder called
filename_files that contains your images with names such as image001.jpg
and image002.gif. This folder must be uploaded along with the .htm file.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you also upload the supporting folder that contains the images?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"fiddlesticks220002"

wrote in
message ...
I copied one piece of clip art from Office Online to use for business

cards
and on my website (I created web pages in Word without problems). But

when
uploaded my .htm file, the clip art doesn't display, just a box with

an X
in
it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fiddlesticks220002

Ok, I found the folder, uploaded the files (and created the folder). And
figured out that every time I make a change, I have to upload the image file
again (like moving it or resizing it).

At the moment, I'm working on a freebie Geocities site, and what I'm now
finding is that the ads (which are on the right hand side) push the text to
the left, but not the clip art. Is there a way to freeze the text and clip
art so that if one gets squeezed, all gets squeezed (in other words,
everything gets pushed to the left)?

Thanks,
Susan