Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
nospaminlich

Default Problem with Formula

I have a table with headings, Item, No, Unit Cost and Total

I want to add a calculated field in the Total column which calculates No *
Unit Cost for each Item but this is new ground for me.

I've tried using ToolsCalculate and various formulas like{=Sum[No]*[Unit
Cost]} but keep getting errors.

Please can someone explain how to do this. Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey

You will need to use cell referenced.

Your first row is the headings and your first column is for the item name.
So the cells of interest are B2*C2, B3*C3, etc.

In column D you will need formulas like:

{ =(B2*C2) }

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

nospaminlich wrote:
I have a table with headings, Item, No, Unit Cost and Total

I want to add a calculated field in the Total column which calculates
No * Unit Cost for each Item but this is new ground for me.

I've tried using ToolsCalculate and various formulas
like{=Sum[No]*[Unit Cost]} but keep getting errors.

Please can someone explain how to do this. Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
nospaminlich

Thanks a lot Greg.

Having experimented with this I don't seem to be able to make the
calculations dynamic e.g. I need to press F9 to recalculate every time I make
a change so reluctantly I think I'm better off creating the table in Excel so
any changes are immediately recalculated. Thanks again though