Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Engineer Engineer is offline

Default First Minimized Window Always Displays When New Window Launched

I run Windows XP Pro with MS Office Word 2003. When I have "Group similar
taskbar buttons" checked in Taskbar Properties, and "Windows in Taskbar"
checked in Word Options, the Taskbar will display a "stack" of minimized Word
documents as I launch and minimize them to the Taskbar to work on as a group.
This process works OK.

What does not work OK is when I have already minimized several Word docs to
the single Word stack in the Taskbar, and then launch a new Word doc from a
Toolbar or Windows Explorer window. When the newly launched Word window
displays, the first Word doc minimized also displays, and I have to
re-minimize it. It is always the first-minimized Word doc which redisplays;
the other minimized Word docs in the Word Taskbar stack remain minimized.

Is there any clever way to adjust Word options, Taskbar options, or Registry
entries to prohibit the first-minimized Word doc from redisplaying whenever a
new Word doc is launched?

--
Thanks.
Engineer