Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdyon jdyon is offline

Default Dropdown for Combobox

I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a combobox. How do
I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the form unlocked, right click the field and select properties. Add the
entries from that dialog.

jdyon wrote:
I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a combobox.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdyon jdyon is offline

Thanks Graham, how once I have done that it places all of my items on a
single line and not a drop down. Do I need to change something else?

jdyon wrote:
I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a combobox.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Assuming we are not talking cross purposes here - and that you have used the
dropdown box from the forms toolbar, then once you have entered the data,
you lock the form and the items you have entered are available for
selection.

jdyon wrote:
I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a combobox.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdyon jdyon is offline

I have a list of about 20 different items that my client(s) can choose from.
I want them to be able to click on the arrow and see their list of options.

jdyon wrote:
I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a combobox.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think that may be exactly the case. The term "combobox" indicates to me
that jdyon is using an ActiveX control from the Controls Toolbox.

To load data into that kind of control, you need VBA
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...c_activeX.asp).
If you don't already know about macros, don't go there.

My advice in that case is to delete the combobox and use the dropdown from
the Forms toolbar instead.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

jdyon wrote:
I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a
combobox. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdyon jdyon is offline

Suzanne, yes this is a combobox. When you click on the arrow to the right it
should open the dropdown list. I'm unclear as to how to add this listed
information. I tried using the dropdown form field and this doesn't look the
way I need it to look. When using the dropdown form field it will allow me
to add the items however oncee I have completed my list it looks like a grey
line and not a combobox .

jdyon wrote:
I have recreated a new form... I'm trying to add data to a combobox.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A dropdown form field does not appear correctly until the document is
protected for forms.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you add each item as a single entry? And, just to clarify, is this

in
fact a Dropdown form field from the forms toolbar or a Combo Box from

the
Controls Toolbox?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.