crysalian

Default where to find info regarding writing of stories/books?

Before I buy this product, I need to know that its what I need. I don't seem
to be able to locate information regarding the author info on pages, the
proper spacing on a created document, etc for writing stories/books. Any
help would be appreciated. If this is indeed the product I need, I want to
get it as soon as possible.
Graham Mayor

I take it the product you mean is Microsoft Word? This application is an
industry standard for putting words on paper and many people have used it
for writing books. The important bit about writing books is in the putting
of ideas on paper, your printer or publisher can worry about the layout; but
there is no reason why you cannot complete the whole thing in Word., but you
don't actually *need* a heavweight word processor to put ideas on paper -
many books are still written using typewriters, even pens! Tell us exactly
what you want to achieve and someone will tell you how to achieve it.

crysalian wrote:
Before I buy this product, I need to know that its what I need. I
don't seem to be able to locate information regarding the author info
on pages, the proper spacing on a created document, etc for writing
stories/books. Any help would be appreciated. If this is indeed the
product I need, I want to get it as soon as possible.

Daiya Mitchell

It sounds like you want a style guide to tell you how to set up layout and
how to format your text. Chicago Manual of Style is a well-known one, but
there are others, plus there is much information online. Word will not tell
you how to format documents (well, it kinda will, but not well, and you
don't want it to, really).

If you are thinking of buying it, Works Suite is by far the cheapest way to
get Word (w/o the rest of Office).

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/