Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hopeless mom...lol

Default how do you sort a guest list to a party in alphabetical order

I need to generate a guest list and seating arrangement for the catering
hall, but he wants it in alphabetical order. Unfortunately I'm a new user to
Microsoft word and I'm kind of still learning the whole thing can you please
help me figure this out.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Set up your guest list as a table, with the appropriate column headings
(first name, last name, table number, etc.). You can then sort as
needed--See the Word Help topic on table sorting (type in "sort table")

"hopeless mom...lol" wrote:

I need to generate a guest list and seating arrangement for the catering
hall, but he wants it in alphabetical order. Unfortunately I'm a new user to
Microsoft word and I'm kind of still learning the whole thing can you please
help me figure this out.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the list is already last name first, with each name in a separate
paragraph, select the text, then use Table | Sort by paragraphs. If it's
first name first, sort by Word 2.

"hopeless mom...lol" hopeless wrote in
message ...