Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Panic Panic is offline

Default Column use in .htm doc Word 2007

I'm trying to prepare an htm for use on a web site. I open Word 2007,
select 3 columns, and begin on the left. I choose Center (of the column)
for pasting my pictures. I paste them one at a time. Each new one is
inserted below the one above and is centered in the first column. With not
enough room at the bottom of the column, the next picture is inserted in the
center of the middle column. Then at that bottom the next new pictures
insert in the middle of the 3rd column. Everything works fine.

Then I save it as a web.htm. When I open it again with either Internet
Explorer or Word 2007 all the pictures are centered in the middle of the
page and continue with no page break. If I click on Page Setup....
Columns... it shows that 3 columns are set but it is not using them.
Somehow in htm it doesn't handle the end of a page to cause extra pictures
to move to the next column. I even tried inserting a page break to force it
to end a column but, so far, nothing helps.

--
Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Web pages don't have page breaks -- they just run on until they run
out of material to show.

Instead of Columns, use a 3-column table (you can turn off the
borders). Insert each picture in the appropriate cell.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:11:27 -0700, "Panic" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Panic Panic is offline

Thanks, I'll look into that, Jay. In the meantime I was able to do what I
wanted by using Excel and stretching the A, B, C, columns to fill the page.
Then I inserted the pictures and saved it as an .htm. Works like a champ on
my site.

OK, I tried tables in Word and it works well. Only problem is that when
different height pictures are placed in a row the column height of all 3
columns moves to the height of the tallest picture. No problem there but
with Excel I was able to make a collage of the pictures with different
height pictures. I was able to click and drag the pictures within each
column without regard to the height of pictures in the other 2 columns.
Maybe that can be done in Word but I haven't found out how to do it.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
Pilot Class 55-I Web Site