Mike

Default The service could not be searched ...not connected to the Internet

I have started getting the following when I look up a word -- as in when the
Research panel opens on the right. "The service could not be searched
because your are not connected to the Internet. Please correct and try
again." Well, I have a perfectly good connection to the Internet because I
can open up IE and get to any site.
Why is Word not finding the research site, like for Encarta Dictionary?
Other info.:
I am also having a problem connecting to the McAfee Update site and think
the two issues might be related. I am using a wireless Internet connection
and a cable Internet service. I have tried disabling my MS firewall and it
makes no difference. I suspect that a setting somewhere got changed (or got
corrupted) without my knowledge, I just don't know which.

Mike

Yes, I did. It was a problem with my Zone Alarm firewall which had somehow
gone bad --- and invisible. I blundered into the solution, I forget how, but
the problem got fixed when I updated Zone Alarm. I hope this helps you.