Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LC Young LC Young is offline

Default Creating a date calculation with a text form field

Hi there! I have a unique situation.

I am using Word2003 to create a form. I'm trying to create a calculation in
a text form field, where it is referencing a date entered in a previous text
field (Text12) and adding 50 days to that date and returning the results in a
'MM/dd/yyyy' format.

My problem: I am not allowed to use macros. At all. This is a requirement I
cannot get around.

Can anyone walk me through this? I am relatively new to the creating
calculations in text form fields, but from what I gather my formula would
look something like '=(text12+50)' and I would select the 'calculate on exit'
checkbox on either Text12, my text field with the calculation, or both. I
have tried to make my number format 'MM/dd/yyyy' (this is the same format as
'Text12'), and I get this result: 'MM/dd/y50.00' once I protect the form.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi LC Young,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation
Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
Do read the document's introductory material.

--
Cheers
macropod