How do I limit the space for a text field in creating a form?

Old June 28th 05, 09:35 PM
MMC

Default How do I limit the space for a text field in creating a form?

I have created a form for my school. On the first line I have put in space
for the name, DOB and Gender using form text fields and form checkboxes. I
have limited the characters for the name and DOB fields. The number of
characters allowed should easily fit into the amount of space available on
the line before the space for DOB starts. When I protect the form, then fill
in these spaces, the DOB and Gender, located on the right side of the row,
move down to the next row. How do I stop these from wrapping to the next row?

Old June 28th 05, 10:01 PM
Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Suzanne has
given you a good answer to your specific question. For more about online
forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"MMC" wrote in message
I have created a form for my school. On the first line I have put in space
for the name, DOB and Gender using form text fields and form checkboxes.
have limited the characters for the name and DOB fields. The number of
characters allowed should easily fit into the amount of space available on
the line before the space for DOB starts. When I protect the form, then
fill
in these spaces, the DOB and Gender, located on the right side of the row,
move down to the next row. How do I stop these from wrapping to the next
row?

Enter data in 1 text form field & have multiple locations fill Lee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 11:56 PM
help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 04:40 PM
A problem with text boxes and free space on the page [email protected] New Users 3 January 4th 05 10:39 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 07:17 PM