Can't remove highlight

Old July 3rd 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suroora

Default Can't remove highlight

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?
Old July 3rd 07, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Old June 13th 08, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Inquiring Mind

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

Old February 4th 09, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cubbie_Gal

I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just baffled.

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

Old February 4th 09, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Is it possible that the document has been Protected & that the Shading is an
attribute of a Style you don't have permission to modify?

Go to the Review Tab, click the Protect Document button & see what the Task
Pane has to say. You may be able to remove the Shading by applying a
different Style.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try
whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading
tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

Old February 4th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Clear just means that there's no pattern. It also means that what you're
seeing is not highlighting (which you would remove by selecting None for
highlighting) but shading. Go to Format | Borders and Shading and choose No
Fill on the Shading tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

Old September 25th 09, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandy

I'm seeing the same problem... It's in a table, and any text that is entered
appears highlighted with yellow.

I've set "No Fill";
I've set "Shading" to "Clear";
Reveal Codes shows: Pattern: Clear (Yellow) - Clear
There doesn't appear to be any document Protection in effect.

The entire table (3col x 17rows) has the same attributes.

I also tried: "Table Properties" | "Borders & Shading" |

It's also set to:

Fill: No Fill
Pattern: Clear
Apply to: Table

Old September 25th 09, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell.

http://word.mvps.org

Old September 25th 09, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandy

I never was able to get rid of it manually. I tried "Apply to:
Table|Cell|etc." with no change.

I did, however, copy the text of the macro that someone created to get rid
of the problem and that worked. Now, if the logic of that macro could just
be available as a manual process.....

Thanks!