Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
birdlady birdlady is offline

Default Deleting

Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in the one
spot
--
birdlady

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
birdlady birdlady is offline

Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not figure out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in the
one
spot
--
birdlady

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Well, you can't delete a file while you have it open and are inside of the
file. Since I don't know what directory your file is in, Try this:

1. Open the file you want to delete
2. Delete all of the text
3. When you go to save it, do a "Save as" and give it a different name.
4. Exit Word
5. Open the new file you just made
6. Select "open" a new file.
7. When the window pops up to open the files from the spot you saved them,
see if you can delete the old file from inside of the new one.

"birdlady" wrote:

Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not figure out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in the
one
spot
--
birdlady

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
birdlady birdlady is offline

Well thanks but that didn't work either, now I have to blank files and both
names are still there.. its the name I can't delete? Why is that?
--
birdlady

"birdlady" wrote:

Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not figure out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in the
one
spot
--
birdlady

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, you're referring to the dropdown for "Filename" in the Save As dialog?
I believe this requires a Registry edit, and I'm not sure exactly which key
it is that you need to delete, but there's a fairly comprehensive article at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/161631. This article is for Word 97, and
there's no indication that there are versions of the article for other
versions of Word, but if you substitute the number of your Word version in
the Registry keys given, you should be able to use the same information.

The key given for the Save As dialog is My
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Offi ce\8.0\Common Open
Find\Microsoft Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU; for 8.0 you would
substitute 12.0 for Word 2007, 11.0 for Word 2003, and so on backward.

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not figure
out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in
the
one
spot
--
birdlady

oakley99 oakley99 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned23 View Post
Well, you can't delete a file while you have it open and are inside of the
file. Since I don't know what directory your file is in, Try this:

1. Open the file you want to delete
2. Delete all of the text
3. When you go to save it, do a "Save as" and give it a different name.
4. Exit Word
5. Open the new file you just made
6. Select "open" a new file.
7. When the window pops up to open the files from the spot you saved them,
see if you can delete the old file from inside of the new one.
Nice tips friend..
But maybe birdlady delete that file when she / he still open that file.
So windows not delete because user open that file.
Maybe better he not run file, after that delete..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message

Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not figure
out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in
the
one
spot
--
birdlady

Alternatively you can just open enough other Word documents to clean
out the MRU.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In this situation, it's not a case of *opening* more documents but of saving
more, since the MRU list in question is the one in the Filename box of the
Save As dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message

Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not
figure
out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have
made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it
in
the
one
spot
--
birdlady

Alternatively you can just open enough other Word documents to clean
out the MRU.

Yves

Deleting a box in an org chart Sandy Marketing Microsoft Word Help 10 April 29th 22 04:10 AM
Deleting cr SoNew2This Tables 1 October 31st 08 01:03 PM
deleting chic Microsoft Word Help 1 September 10th 07 07:48 PM
What's with not deleting? Shitbiscuit Microsoft Word Help 3 May 31st 07 08:37 AM
deleting dumb-dumb Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 05 05:38 AM