Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tatsu Tatsu is offline

Default Symbols apearing in Header/Footer autotext - file name & path - Wo

When using Autotext in the header & footer of word text is appearing as
symbols, well boxes actually. I have checke the font and it's set to Ariel 10
point so the problem is not there. It only affects the one user of the PC &
affects the user at any PC on the network so it's set with their
preferences/profile.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this occurs with new, blank documents, the quickest fix is to exit Word,
rename the normal.dot file (Word 97-2003) or the normal.dotm file (Word
2007). When you restart the application, a new file with the factory default
settings will be recreated.

To locate the Normal template, you can search for it in Windows. Be sure to
search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP