Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Default Form protection issues w/ converted versions of WORD

Hi,
I'm trying to distribute an editable end-user form in WORD®. I created
the form in Office 2007 and used the file protection features to "lock the
form" for data entry.

I've had some complaints that people who've tried to open the form with Word
2003/XP cannot lock/unlock the form. Has anyone else experienced this? I
don't have handy access to a Word 2003 installation to check the versions.
oakley99 oakley99 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned23 View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to distribute an editable end-user form in WORD®. I created
the form in Office 2007 and used the file protection features to "lock the
form" for data entry.

I've had some complaints that people who've tried to open the form with Word
2003/XP cannot lock/unlock the form. Has anyone else experienced this? I
don't have handy access to a Word 2003 installation to check the versions.
have you ever gave the password? o do you have password for that unlock / lock?
And maybe you save file in format office 2007 not in office 2003.
So I think its different format.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You must use only legacy form fields in the document, and you should save it
as Word 97-2003 doc format to ensure a 2007 prepared form works in 2003/XP.
It would probably be advisable to set the compatibility options to reflect
the earliest version of Word likely to be used.