Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brett Weiss Brett Weiss is offline

Default Word 2007 PDF Save as PDF Boxes Around Firlds

Whenever I save a document as a PDF file, boxes appear around all field
references in the generated PDF. Needless to say, this is a bit embarassing,
especially in merge files. Is there a way to prevent the boxes from
appearing? I could find no PDF settings anywhere.

Brett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Brett

Brett Weiss wrote:
Whenever I save a document as a PDF file, boxes appear around all field
references in the generated PDF. Needless to say, this is a bit embarassing,
especially in merge files. Is there a way to prevent the boxes from
appearing? I could find no PDF settings anywhere.

How are you converting to PDF?

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brett Weiss Brett Weiss is offline

I have added a "Save as PDF" button to the ribbon, and click on this. I use
the internal MS Acrobat converter included with Office 2007.

Brett

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Brett

Brett Weiss wrote:
Whenever I save a document as a PDF file, boxes appear around all field
references in the generated PDF. Needless to say, this is a bit embarassing,
especially in merge files. Is there a way to prevent the boxes from
appearing? I could find no PDF settings anywhere.

How are you converting to PDF?

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Brett,

Are you using a beta or the trial version of Office 2007?
I created a set of Mailmerge letters from the 'Mailings' tab, inserting both Mailmerge fields from my Recipient list data file and
from the Home=Quickparts=Field choices.

I didn't see any outlines on the fields in the PDF file.

Can you list the steps you're using in a new blank document where this occurs?

"Brett Weiss" wrote in message ...
I have added a "Save as PDF" button to the ribbon, and click on this. I use
the internal MS Acrobat converter included with Office 2007.

Brett
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP