sf

Default word 2002

I have a problem with my work computer - XP, Word 2002

I did something the other day that hasn't corrected itself
after I reboot. My mouse slipped (literally) and I didn't
knowingly select any option to do this, but I want to undo
whatever it is. If I copy/past into a new document, the
problem is replicated. In fact, new docs are the same now.

I have my View set at Normal, but the top and bottom margins
are not visible on screen. Instead, the bottom margin
"flows" into the following page and the first page is
truncated according to the amount of print on it.

Needless to say, it's very annoying because I can't get a
feel for what the page looks like unless I go into "preview"
mode. This is giving me more gray hair and I don't have a
hairdresser's appointment in the near future, so I need
help. LOL!

What did I do and how can I undo it?

PLEASE don't send me to a URL. Just tell me what to do -
preferably in simple terms. I know it's easy, otherwise it
wouldn't have happened.

BTW: I noticed that I have icons for all of the different
view choices in the lower left corner if that gives you any
clue as to what I did.

TIA

TIA

Luc

Tools - options - view tab - remove the check next to White space between
pages.
You can also do it in your regular view, move the cursor just under the
ruler and it will change into a double arrow click and the white space will
appear or disappear. On the border between two pages you can do the same,
put your mouse over the thick line between two pages and click.
Luc
"sf" schreef in bericht

[...]

sf

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:48:46 GMT, "Luc"
wrote:

Tools - options - view tab - remove the check next to White space between
pages.
You can also do it in your regular view, move the cursor just under the
ruler and it will change into a double arrow click and the white space will
appear or disappear. On the border between two pages you can do the same,
put your mouse over the thick line between two pages and click.
Luc

Many thanks - I will try it tomorrow!
sf

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:55:44 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm for an explanation of
your "mouse slip" and how to reverse it.

Thanks, I've emailed this to myself so I can view it from my
"problem" computer.

Thanks Suzanne - Problem solved! I didn't want a URL because they are
usually not written for dummies, but this one was very "user friendly"
AND explained the most common situation that causes the problem in the
first place.

sf
```````````

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm for an

explanation of
your "mouse slip" and how to reverse it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"sf" wrote in message

I have a problem with my work computer - XP, Word 2002

I did something the other day that hasn't corrected itself
after I reboot. My mouse slipped (literally) and I didn't
knowingly select any option to do this, but I want to undo
whatever it is.

Graham Mayor

It probably wasn't a good idea to post your e-mail address to a newsgroup -
unless you like spam
See this link - http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

"sf" wrote in message

I have a problem with my work computer - XP, Word 2002

I did something the other day that hasn't corrected itself
after I reboot. My mouse slipped (literally) and I didn't
knowingly select any option to do this, but I want to undo
whatever it is.

sf

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:05:03 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

It probably wasn't a good idea to post your e-mail address to a newsgroup -
unless you like spam
See this link - http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

I posted from google (which I don't do very often) and
wasn't aware it was going to give my address out to the
world. I have a user name and I thought it was going to
post that. On the brighter side, I don't use that email
address for anything important anyway and check it maybe
once a month.

sf

Not sure how to keep my gmail address from showing. I've subscribed to
the group via google groups and selected a nickname, but apparently
it's not working the way they claim.

from Help:
Is my email address visible on the web when I post to a group?

When your message is posted to a group, Google Groups masks your email
address on the web to prevent automated computer programs from
harvesting it for spamming purposes. If, however, you send out your
post via email or to Usenet, your email address will be visible to
anyone who receives it.

I have absolutely NO idea what that last sentence means. So if anyone
has a clue, clue me in please!

sf

sf

wrote:

It probably wasn't a good idea to post your e-mail address to a newsgroup -
unless you like spam

I went back to Google Groups and "subscribed" this time
instead of just posting, but it looks like all they do is
add a nickname in front of my email... it's not working the
way they claim, that's for sure.

from Help:
Is my email address visible on the web when I post to a
group?

When your message is posted to a group, Google Groups masks
your email address on the web to prevent automated computer
programs from harvesting it for spamming purposes. If,
however, you send out your post via email or to Usenet, your
email address will be visible to anyone who receives it.

###I have absolutely NO idea what that last sentence means.
So if anyone has a clue, clue me in please!

sf

Well, I'll be darned... it worked!

sf
who thought the message below didn't post.

`````````````

On 26 Feb 2005 12:51:24 -0800, "sf"
wrote:

Not sure how to keep my gmail address from showing. I've subscribed to
the group via google groups and selected a nickname, but apparently
it's not working the way they claim.

from Help:
Is my email address visible on the web when I post to a group?

When your message is posted to a group, Google Groups masks your email
address on the web to prevent automated computer programs from
harvesting it for spamming purposes. If, however, you send out your
post via email or to Usenet, your email address will be visible to
anyone who receives it.

I have absolutely NO idea what that last sentence means. So if anyone
has a clue, clue me in please!

sf

sf

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:44:51 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I think that's rather disingenuous, since a post via Google *is* to Usenet,
and those of us using newsreaders will see your address if we answer your
post (as below).

Thanks Suzanne, I thought that was a bunch of mumbo jumbo
and you confirmed it.

Graham Mayor

The link I posted earlier explains how to mask your e-mail address from
Usenet (Usenet is the system of newsgroups that forms the backbone of this
system of messaging). In e-mail your displayed e-mail address is set in the
e-mail account of your e-mail software. As for Google - their help says -
"We require a valid email address to post to Google Groups. If you don't
want your normal email address to be listed, we encourage you to sign up for
an anonymous account with one of the many free email services available on
the web and to post from that account. "

wrote:

It probably wasn't a good idea to post your e-mail address to a
newsgroup - unless you like spam

I went back to Google Groups and "subscribed" this time
instead of just posting, but it looks like all they do is
add a nickname in front of my email... it's not working the
way they claim, that's for sure.

from Help:
Is my email address visible on the web when I post to a
group?

When your message is posted to a group, Google Groups masks
your email address on the web to prevent automated computer
programs from harvesting it for spamming purposes. If,
however, you send out your post via email or to Usenet, your
email address will be visible to anyone who receives it.

###I have absolutely NO idea what that last sentence means.
So if anyone has a clue, clue me in please!

sf

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:49:19 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

The link I posted earlier explains how to mask your e-mail address from
Usenet (Usenet is the system of newsgroups that forms the backbone of this
system of messaging). In e-mail your displayed e-mail address is set in the
e-mail account of your e-mail software. As for Google - their help says -
"We require a valid email address to post to Google Groups.

Thanks for the information, but it was pointed at how to use
a real newsreader, not the Google interface which I posted
from in that particular case. I went back and subscribed to
the ng, so now the address isn't my posting name, but the
address still appears in any reply. In any case, I consider
Google my "throw away" web address - I have other providers
that I use for everyday email purposes.

If you don't
want your normal email address to be listed, we encourage you to sign up for
an anonymous account with one of the many free email services available on
the web and to post from that account. "

I have absolutely no idea what an "anonymous account" is...
unless it means you use a fake name.