Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crystaldawn crystaldawn is offline

Default recovery of unsaved document?

When I finished my paper in Microsoft Word I hit the x button at the top of
the screen while trying to save and accidentaly closed out of the program
without saving my work. Is there any way to get that paper back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"crystaldawn" wrote:

When I finished my paper in Microsoft Word I hit the x button at the top of
the screen while trying to save and accidentaly closed out of the program
without saving my work. Is there any way to get that paper back?

Unless you have a "backup as you work system" in place, then no.

Never, ever, use the "X" when you want to save. If you want to save do "File
Save", use the Diskette icon on the toolbar or do CTRL-S.

Also, saving at the very end (and not regularly while working) is a bad
habit you should consider changing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it possible to quit Word without it asking if you want to Save
Changes to your document?? It even asks if I want to Save Changes to a
new, empty document that appeared because I hit the wrong toolbar
button or my finger slipped to Ctrl-N instead of Ctrl- B or whatever.