Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Default Footnote Separator Line

I have too much space between bottom of text and the footnote separator line.
I have already set the footnote format to place footnotes at end of text
instead of bottom of page, but this doe snot help. I am using 12 pt Century
Schoolbook font. How can I get the space smaller between the last line and
the footnote separator line?
--
Wally
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

It is usually in the seperator setting. Go to view on your menu toolbar, make
sure you are in normal view, then select footnotes. In footnotes, select
seperator - there you can check the setting, i.e may be spacing before the
seperator.

"Wally" wrote:

I have too much space between bottom of text and the footnote separator line.
I have already set the footnote format to place footnotes at end of text
instead of bottom of page, but this doe snot help. I am using 12 pt Century
Schoolbook font. How can I get the space smaller between the last line and
the footnote separator line?
--
Wally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_198_] Henk57[_198_] is offline

Wally;2665866 Wrote:
I have too much space between bottom of text and the footnote separator
line.
I have already set the footnote format to place footnotes at end of
text
instead of bottom of page, but this doe snot help. I am using 12 pt
Century
Schoolbook font. How can I get the space smaller between the last line
and
the footnote separator line?
--
Wally

To edit the footnote separator line, or the space between line and text
for that matter, you need to go to Normal View. Then choose Footnotes
from the View menu. Choose Footnote Separator from the dropdown menu
on the bottom of the page. With Show/Hide active you'll probably see a
couple of pi-like symbols (paragraphs). Delete the ones you can miss.

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Thanks for the 2 suggestions, but they didn't solve the problem. I am using
Word 2007. No extra paragraphs show up in Draft view. When I display the
footnote separator line in Draft view, only a 2 inch separator shos up. Since
this is a dissertation, I have to use double spacing; I suspect that is part
of the problem.
Any suggestions?
--
Wally

"Henk57" wrote:

Wally;2665866 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Thanks for all of your suggestions. The footnote separator was already
formatted for single spacing, but still leaves too much space between the
last line of text and the separator. Any ideas? By the way, I've talked to
Microsoft Word support, and they don't seem to know what to do.
--
Wally

"Henk57" wrote:

Wally;2665866 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Your suggestions have helped. The pages look much better. Additionally, I
had some hidden page breaks that were interfering with formatting. Thanks!!
--
Wally

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm