Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hummerman93 hummerman93 is offline

Default Extraneous vertical bars printing

Using Word 2003, updated, something new is happening.
When I print a document (any document), about 1/4 inch from the right edge
of the paper is a short, double vertical bar. It appears only when the text
line is not blank. It is as tall as the text in the adjacent line. This does
not happen when printing from Excel, IE, etc., only in Word.

What could be going on here?
--
Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Where "bar tab" doesn't refer to your credit account at the tavern,
but to a vertical line inserted with a tab stop. (I can't think of any
reason to use such a thing -- must be left over from a very long time
ago.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change bar? Bar tab?

"hummerman93" wrote in message
Using Word 2003, updated, something new is happening.
When I print a document (any document), about 1/4 inch from the right
edge
of the paper is a short, double vertical bar. It appears only when the
text
line is not blank. It is as tall as the text in the adjacent line. This
does
not happen when printing from Excel, IE, etc., only in Word.

What could be going on here?
--
Ross-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I actually have some applications for it. You can use it to create the
appearance of a table without requiring the structure of one. This is
convenient for a printed document (such as the Rotary club attendance roll
that I use it for) because adding and removing "rows" is a matter of adding
and deleting paragraphs rather than dealing with table structure.